Domestic or international communities didn’t forget the killing missions conducted against Bangabandhu Mujib and Sheikh Hasina.
The killing of the Father of the nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on 15 August 1975 and the killing missions conducted against the daughter of Mujib, the honourable Prime Minister of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina are different rings of the same chain.
The killers wanted to kill an ideology by assassinating Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Hasina also conveys and practises the same ideology the killers wanted and still want to remove from the earth.
For that, they killed all family members, and later senior party mates of Mujib in the jail. But their mission was incomplete as they did not find Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana, two daughters of Mujib to kill on the day Mujib had been killed.
Only because of that, their mission for killing is still on.
- You just try to recall, and then you will find that there were two assassination attempts during the rule of Hussain Muhammad Ershad.
- After that many more during BNP-Jamat’s tenure, and you will find four killing efforts during the 1991-1996 BNP rule, and another four during the Awami League tenure in 1996-2001.
- Four significant incidents during the BNP-Jamaat government in 2001-2006, one during the military-backed caretaker government and four reported assassination attempts after 2009.
- They tried to kill Sheikh Hasina 19 times, but the wonder-lady Sheikh Hasina continually is working for the people of Bangladesh, to change the fate of the people, and the material development of the country.
Most importantly, the people of Bangladesh and international communities didn’t forget killing attempts;
- You can recall the killing mission of 24 January 1988 that happened in Chittagong
- You can recall the incident of killing on 21 August 2004 at Bangabandhu Avenue, Dhaka, and many more.
All the killing missions conducted against Sheikh Hasina to remove an ideology, based on which Bangladesh created and that is the political ideology of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
But, Sheikh Hasina today is completely restless to work for the people of Bangladesh. Development and democracy are forwarding together, and Bangladesh is going to be a developed state.